My life is brilliant. . .

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm Back

So, I know it's been quite a while since I have posted this summer. I think I'll blame it on being so bored this summer. Literally, all I have been doing is working and sitting around my house all day long. Aside from a few Red Cross trips, one to Washington, DC and the other to Phoenix, it has been the same boring routine.

My first trip at the end of July to Washington, DC was pretty exciting. As always, I used my carrier of choice, American Airlines. The day I arrived in DC, I presented to the 30 Presidential Interns who are working at the American Red Cross National Headquarters this summer. The next day, I met with the Executive Director of the Office of the National Chair of Volunteers. This was an amazing opportunity. The nice thing was that in addition to my meetings, I also got to meet up and go to dinner with my good friend Shana at her new apartment in Arlington. The day I left, I got to have lunch with my friend Susie from school. She lives near Shady Grove, a short Metro ride from Washington.

My second, and most recent trip was just last weekend to Phoenix. Luckily, I didn't melt to death, despite the record-high temperatures. The highlight of this trip, besides the Red Cross National Youth Council meeting, was the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Let me tell you. . .this bed is far more than amazing. Crisp cotton sheets, a feather blanket and duvet, a soft duvet cover, and 4 hypoallergenic feather pillows all topped off by the Sheraton Signature Pillow makes it a real treat for catching some z's.

Well, I am at work and must actually get some work done. (Imagine that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home