My life is brilliant. . .

Friday, August 26, 2005

Guess who's back. . .school's back. . .

So, it has been an excellent first week of school here in San Marcos, TX. I woke up at 6:30 on Wednesday morning all ready to learn! I am taking six classes this semester: Microeconomics*, Macroeconomics*, Business Law*, Quantitative Methods and Statistics, Political Science, and Fencing. (The * indicates a repeat class.) All of my classes, are on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, leaving Tuesdays and Thursdays for studying and being lazy. Except for fencing, all of my classes are back to back, 8 am-1 pm. This isn't really that bad of a schedule because I have all of my downtime in the afternoon, when everyone else is in class. Also, I like the 50-minute classes a lot better than the 75-minute classes. So far, I have not had any problems getting up to go to class. We'll see how long that lasts.

Today in Political Science class, my professor started lecturing from slides. My most extraordinary friend Rebecca kindly printed a copy of the slides out for me to take notes on, as is customary here at Texas State. Well, let me tell you, this Professor stayed on ONE single slide for the entire class. This is just ridiculous. In my opinion, there should be NO way that one should be allowed to talk about a single slide for over 1-2 minutes. The funny thing is, I pay for this class, but I have no say as to what I get. Higher education. . .what a backwards market.

So that's about it really. My brother Sean is starting his first year at Florida International in Miami next week. He is there a bit early for band camp and got to experience a hurricane yesterday evening. Pretty bizarre. Ok, I'm off. It is 97 degrees in my room and I'm sweating profusely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home